Dear Colleagues Due to the Covid-19 virus, the UK Oncology Forum Faculty have decided to make a decision about the 2020 UK Oncology in early/mid-April. We unanimously agree that there will be a clearer outlook then on how the virus is effecting large group gatherings and UK healthcare professionals, attending meetings. There will also be more clarity and guidance from government and local trusts.
We are currently liaising with the venue ~ if the situation escalates we are NOT looking to cancel but to postpone the meeting (possibly to September more details to follow).
If Birmingham is severely impacted by the virus, we will instigate an emergency Faculty meeting ahead of the April scheduled Faculty meeting, re-assess the situation and move the meeting. Athena will inform all delegates, industry, cancer organisations and with immediate effect.
If we do have to postpone the meeting we do hope that we can rely on your continued support of this much needed national, pan-tumour educational meeting.
Until April – we are working very much to “business as usual” and are continuing to accept registrations.