- Qualified MD 1981, MSc Pharmacology, PhD ( Drug Delivery Systems) 1991, CRUK funded fellowship. FRCP 1985
- First Professor of Oncology at Aberdeen 1994 – built department from scratch
- CRUK Chair and head of Dept in Glasgow 2002-2011, Lead SCRN, COAP, Beatson Oncology Centre- Elected FRSE.
- Roche, BMS, Celgene, Regeneron – clinical / translational / program lead roles of increasing seniority
- 2 theses, 5 books / chapters and around 250 peer reviewed papers
- Outside interests
- anything fast – especially cars, reading history, soccer
5 grown up children and I grandson